VALUES AND TEACHING METHODS
A SHARED EDUCATIONAL VISION
In addition to their core activity, Les Facultés de l'Université Catholique de Lille have set themselves major missions organised around different themes :
- To put the students at the heart of their projects and make them active participants in their education : Career Centre, etc.
- Train and support students to make appropriate career choices for a successful future and development
- Convey a human values and encourage cultural diversity on a sustainable campus where everybody has their place
- Encourage and lead innovative projects to drive development
- Invest in social projects and remain open as an ethical, responsible European and/or international actor, sensitive to the changes around us.
- Pure and applied research to help develop our training programmes, and creative, innovative and developmental knowledge and skills
- International mobility and the accommodation of international students : Erasmus programmes, International Relations department, the Collegium, etc.
- A rich student life with a large number of student clubs and societies (culture, sport, solidarity, etc.)
- Services available to facilitate everyday life : accommodation, sport & leisure, meals
- Individual assistance: social services, grants & funding
- Genuine care and shared human values
- An alumni networks
CONTEMPORARY TEACHING METHODS : A KEY FACULTY PROJECT !
You are living in the digital age, in a constantly changing world!
Les Facultés de l'Université Catholique de Lille have placed pedagogical innovation at the heart of their strategy, through their desire :
- To educate you using innovative methods
- To increase your interactivity and develop your ability to analyse and summarise what you have learned.
You design your education and play an active part in it !
Together with you, we design and develop a learners’ campus using innovative means such as :
- LearningLab – an experimental teaching laboratory (a dedicated space for the discussion, trial and development of new teaching methods),
- Co-design (innovative workshops for discussion and improved understanding between specialists and users and for project development),
- MediaLab (production centre for multimedia content for interactive learning)
- Serious games (to stimulate interactions between students following the same course through friendly competition)
- Flipped courses (during which you learn the concepts at home and put them into practice in the classroom through exercises, quizzes, debates, etc.)
- Medical simulation laboratory – training on mannequins before real-life practice
SOCIAL COMMITMENT OF LES FACULTés de l'UNIVERSITÉ CATHOLIQUE DE LILLE
The strength of the faculties lies in their commitment to tackle social challenges. They aim to encourage sociability and open-mindedness, and are engaged in three fundamental areas so as to train responsible citizens.
Les Facultés de l'Université Catholique de Lille share common values such as sharing, generosity, listening, welcoming and developing a campus where all can live together, while allowing each studen to find his or her own place.
This is the context in which they are committed to :
- Welcoming, supporting and integrating all students: International students, disabled students: Mission Accueil Handicap (Welcome mission for the disabled - MAH)
- Offering grants and financial assistance together with phased payments based on family income.
- Welcoming and respecting all religious denominations
The Humanism & Society label gives all the faculties’ students the possibility to follow a programme over 2 to 6 semesters alongside their degree course: courses or lectures to broaden your mind, individual or team projects to develop your solidarity, citizenship and social engagement… It adds some genuine “soul” to your education. Contact: Coralie.firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT les facultés de l'UNIVERSITé CATHOLIQUE DE LILLE
60 Boulevard Vauban, CS 40109
59 016 Lille Cedex –
TEL.: (+33) 3 20 13 40 00